Monday, February 14, 2011

Finally, an Update!

     I realize that it has been a while since I have updated our family blog, but so much has happened since...as most of you know by now.  Here is what has been going on for those of you not in the loop.

May:
     In May we finally left the great state of Idaho.  We were able to fly my sister, Shantrice, up to help with the LONG drive to Georgia.  That trip was quite an adventure.  First off, we probably overloaded Michael's truck, and it was debatable as to whether it would make it to Georgia.  In our first leg of the trip we made it all the way to Wyoming, and we came across some snow...yay (not).  Mind you we drove 55 mph the ENTIRE way, and stopped every 100 miles.  The second leg was not that bad, ended up stopping just outside of Denver because the brakes in Michael's truck decided to seize.  That was when everything got interesting.  After we settled down at the hotel Michael and I were going to run to the store real quick only to find that his truck's brakes decided release, and rolled into another vehicle.  Thank the Lord that the damage was not extensive; in fact most of the damage was caused to their sideview mirror.  The owners of the other vehicle were appreciative that we were honest, and we all found it odd that the police were not going to make a trip out to file a report.  We woke up the next morning to find out that it was a good thing that we had stopped for the night.  We were trying to make it to Tinker AFB, OK to visit a friend of Michael's whom he deployed with, but since we had to stop for the night we avoided a massive hail storm that produced hail stones the size of grape fruit.  I was definitely grateful that we were able to avoid that.  We did make it there, and had a great time hanging out with Mo, and his family.  The kids had a great time playing together, and it was nice to have the opportunity to relax before heading to Texas the next day.  When we finally made it to Texas, it was like a breath of fresh air because after four days on the road, Michael's truck was still alive, and it was nice to give his beast a few days of rest.  My sisters and I had a great time spending some time together, and watching the kids playing and being silly. The day we left Texas the weather decided we needed a challenge to drive through (as if the Rockies weren't challenge enough), and down poured for the first half of the trip, with some tornado warnings.  Because of the rain we took two days to get from Texas to Georgia, and boy was I glad to be done with that trip, although for doing 55 MPH the whole way, I think we made pretty good timing, and did not waste much gas.  I am sure the kids were glad that the trip was over as well, even though I am proud to say that they made the whole trip without me having to pull out the portable DVD player.  As long as we had some songs going, or playing I spy, they were content.

June:
     A few things happened this month, first was that Michael and I celebrated our 6th Anniversary.  We really didn't do much to celebrate it, but we did make a drive to Tennesse for the Flye Family Reunion.  It was such a great weekend.  I loved having the opportunity to finally meet Michael's extended family, and watching the kids play with the other children.  I cannot wait until the next one.  I also celebrated my quarter of a century mark...yup I turned 25 this year.  My biggest birthday present was finding out that my baby sister would be having a baby.

July:
     Nothing to eventful happened this month, but we did have a good time celebrating Independence day, and finally made a trip to Jacksonville to visit Michael's family.  Michael celebrated his 27th birthday and Andrew his 25th.

August:
     On August 24, 2010 Michael and I welcomed our daughter, Aniya Yvette, at 2242.  She was 6 lbs .6 oz and 18 3/4 inches long. That day I went for my 38 week appointment and after my OB checked me she was like "Umm, I am going to send you to the hospital.  You are 5 cm dialated, and technically in labor."  I am thinking great I haven't feed the kids dinner yet and heck we have to take them home because they came to my appointment.  LOL!  So we left the clinic, made a stop at McDonald's for dinner, took the kids home, and picked up everything that we were going to need.  About two hours later, at about 8pm, we finally made it to the hospital where they hooked me up to everything and by that time it was about 930pm.  They started me on pitocine to get my contractions regular because they were productive, but not consistant.  Finally about 1030 they broke my water and I was at an 8...Doc said she was going to nap for about an hour and then come back to check on me.  I told her she won't get the chance to lay down...sure enough I was right.  Before we knew it, I had the massive urge to push and Aniya was crowning.  The doc came running into the delivery room, and jumped on the table in just enough time to catch Aniya.  I had told her from the beginning that I deliver quick...I guess she never realized how quick I meant.  LOL!

That is all for now...pictures will soon follow, as well as some more posts to get everyone caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment